ENGINE: The engine instruction manual accompanying your unit lists specific procedures for maintenance of the engine. Following the engine manufacturer's recommendations will extend engine life.
PUMP: Change the pump oil after the first 50 hours of operation. After initial change, every 3 months or 250 hour intervals are recommended. If oil appears dirty or milky, changes may be required in greater frequency. Use Mi‑T‑M pump oil #AW-4085-0016 and fill only to the center of the oil sight glass. DO NOT overfill.
COUPLERS: There are o-ring seals inside the couplers which will deteriorate. To replace, simply install a replacement o-ring to correct the leak. (Additional o-rings can be purchased from your dealer.)
NOZZLE: Water flow through the spray nozzle will erode the orifice, making it larger, resulting in a pressure loss. Nozzles should be replaced whenever pressure is less than 85% of the maximum. The frequency of replacement will depend upon such variables as mineral content in the water and number of hours the nozzle is used.
FUEL WATER SEPARATOR: The fuel filter has a built in water separator. Occasionally the water has to be drained from the separator. Follow the procedures listed below:
- Check the collection bowl daily.
- Ensure the unit is off and place an oil catch basin under the fuel cartridge.
- Loosen the drain plug to allow the fuel/water contaminants to flow into the catch basin.
- Retighten the drain plug when completed.
- Dispose of drainage according to environmental regulations in your area.