- Drain fuel from fuel tank carefully by disconnecting the fuel line. Gasoline left in the fuel tank will eventually deteriorate making the engine-starting difficult.
- When draining fuel from the fuel tank, it is best use a hand pump and set it into the refilling port. Do no tip unit over to empty fuel.
- Remove the drain screw off of the carburetor.
- Change engine oil.
- Check for loose bolts and screws, tighten them if necessary.
- Clean generator thoroughly with clean cloth. NEVER USE WATER TO CLEAN GENERATOR!
- Pull recoil starter handle until resistance is felt, leaving handle in that position.
- Store generator in a well ventilated, low humidity area.