Built from the highest quality components available, Mi‑T‑M hot water pressure washers are the best in the industry. As with all equipment, preventive maintenance of your hot water pressure washer will keep your machine working at its optimal level and minimize issues that may arise.
First, you should become familiar with the common parts of the machine and where each is located. While all pressure washers do not have the same parts, they all have the same basic components. This video will show you basic preventive maintenance procedures for a hot water pressure washer.
- The pump oil should be changed after the first 25 hours of operation on a new machine. After the initial oil change, pump oil should be changed every 250 hours or every 3 months. It is recommended that you use Mi‑T‑M pump oil. Always check the oil level before each use.
- The engine oil should be changed after the first 10 to 15 hours of operation on a new machine. After the initial oil change, the engine oil should be changed every 100 hours or every 3 months. Use oil recommended in the engine manual supplied by the engine manufacturer. Always check the oil level before each operation.
- Check the air filter monthly and look for dust and dirt that may clog the filter. Replace the filter a minimum of every 6 months.
- Be sure to drain the moisture from the heating coil every week by opening the drain valve.
- The fuel tank should only be filled with clean fuel and if condensation or water accumulates in the fuel tank, the tank drain can be opened to remove any water.
- Replace the burner fuel filter every 3 to 6 months.
- The electrode cone assembly consists of the burner fuel nozzle and burner electrodes. The nozzle cannot be cleaned and should be replaced a minimum of once per year. Be sure to replace it with the same sized nozzle.
- The burner electrodes should be checked and gapped yearly and replaced, based on their condition. Look for ceramic cracks, tips that are not pointed and a buildup of soot.
- Heating coil maintenance can be minimized by cooling the unit down properly after each use. Never shut your pressure washer off without first cooling down the boiler.
- You can do this by turning the burner off and squeezing the trigger for approximately 1 minute or until the metal lance feels cool to the touch.
If you would like assistance with your preventative maintenance procedure, please contact an authorized Mi‑T‑M service center or the Mi‑T‑M Product Support department.