No finish will last long if it's applied to a dirty surface. Knowing how to properly pressure washing your deck is an important beginning step. In some cases, it's the only preparation you'll need before refinishing. Mi-T-M pressure washers are the single best tool for cleaning your deck or porch, and with the proper use, will extend the life of your deck for many years.
What We Cover
Benefits of washing your deck
- Properly pressure washing a deck safely removes dirt, mold, mildew, and old stain.
- It also removes many types of stains and discoloration.
- Another benefit is it safely removes old finishes and peeling paint.
- It opens the wood pores allowing deep penetration of the deck stain or finish.
Technique to follow using a pressure washer
For best results, use a sweeping motion along the grain of the wood.
- Keep the nozzle moving at all times.
Pull the trigger at the beginning of your first pass, directing the angle at a low angle to the surface.
Keep a distance of 8-12 inches from the surface.
- Being smooth and consistent can help prevent lap marks on the wood.
- The second pass should overlap the first. Walk back the entire length of the deck.
If you need to stop before the entire deck is clean, sweep the nozzle up and away from the deck before releasing the trigger.
Once the entire deck has been cleaned, allow the surface to dry for at least 24 hours.
- The final step is finishing and sealing your deck.
Contact Mi-T-M today to learn more ways we can help you and your business.